BCS was engaged by ASUS to support their annual training and product knowledge roadshow for both their consumer and commerical clients by managing the operations and logistics for a five city roadshow around Australia.
About Our Client - click red line to expand
ASUS are a computer hardware and electronics company ‘In search of Incredible’. They are the worlds fifth largest PC vendor by unit sales (2013) and they rececently topped Interbrand’s Global Brands survey for the third consectutive year as the most valuable brand. Since 2014 Best Case Scenario has been managing their event partner for their commericial and consumer partner road shows.
Over 15% & 86% attendance over the series.
10% under budget.
99% delegates either agreed or strongly agreed that the event was a good use of their time.
95% believe the event to be equal to or above industry standard.
The Project Brief
- Agenda programme development
- BCS will work with Asus to facilitate the program development.
- Collate information for the agenda & manage all updates.
- Speaker management
- Send a briefing document outlining all relevant information: location, timings, presentation requirements.
- Liasie with each speaker to ensure they are kept up to date with any changes.
- Coordinate biographys, presentations etc.
- Venue management
- Initial contact with venues to negotiate best rates available and ensure each venue meets the brief.
- Food & Beverage management at each venue, tailored to delegate demographic.
- Ensure AV requirements are met and mangaged seamlessly at each venue.
- Budget management
- Work within the agreed budget.
- Manage changes and updates and communicate these accordingly.
- Stakeholder management
- Follow guidelines provided to manage stakeholder communication to ensure that expectations are met for the stakeholders and associated key partners.
- Event registration
- Preparation and printing of name badges for each event, on-site.
- Post event registration report to show attended/no shows/and walk ins.
- Full post event debrief
- Create detailed report on event challenges, successes and present face-to-face.
“BCS offered insightful advice and support throughout the entire duration of the project and helped make the series of events a great success.”.
Charith Moonesinghe, Marketing Specialist, ASUS
Several Areas of Concern
Ensuring clear distinction between the two events (on the same day) for their consumer and commercial clients: BCS reconfigured room layouts to meet with ASUS’ brief and ensure intimacy for the small group of delegates and space for the second larger presentation, all within the same room helping to minimise venue spend.
Ensuring the Showcase was impactful: Highlighting the showcase in an appropriate setting is key to engage with delegates and highlight ASUS’ product offerings. BCS worked with each venue to ensure the room, staging and lighting achieved this successfully!
Complex Shipping Arrangements: The tight event schedule meant the shipping of products and equipment was a huge priority. No goods = No event! Thankfully BCS have strong relationships with dedicated Shipping Agents to streamline the process and guarantee a priority service every time.
Managing Delegate Registration: Previous events have had complex registration systems, due to a large number of walk-in’s. BCS were able to simplify the process using their vast experience of registration software programs and the ability to create and record name badges on-site.
“Industry standard drop out rates for events of this nature can run high. We ensured that drop out rates were minimised for each event in each city ”.
Luli Adeyemo,BCS Director