CASE STUDY / AIIA IAWARDS 2015 & 2016
Large Innovation Awards Ceremony
In 2015 & 2016, Best Case Scenario managed the AIIA’s pinnacle event, the iAwards. Each year the event attracts over 1,000 participants and high-profile sponsors. The conference attracts leaders and executives from Australia’s digital economy including major technology and service companies, government, end users, and media.
The iAward’s format is a two-day event featuring a pitchfest, pre-event cocktail reception, VIP drinks reception, keynote speakers, round tables, breakout sessions, workshops and the iAwards gala dinner. The awards ceremony attracts over 1,000 guests and features entertainment and presentation of awards to winners.
Best Case Scenaro’s responsibilities included:
- pre-event planning
- budget management
- content development
- speaker recruitment
- venue management
- digital and physical directional signage
- on-site management and support
- speaker and sponsorship liasion
- delegate generation and management
- management of delegate surveys and post-event analysis.
Planning events of this scale require tight processes and quality control. The Best Case Scenario team developed a series of key processes to prevent and anticipate any issues that may negatively affect the conference.
- Detailed workflow spreadsheet that outline number of task days left, alerts, roles, and responsibilities
- Speaker profile and tracking documents: used during speaker recruitment and confirmation to provide potential speakers with an overview of event theme and focus. It also tracks submission of biographies, session descriptions, photos, etc..
- Sponsorship tracking: tracks sponsor profile, sponsorship opportunities and fulfilment of sponsorship deliverables
- Use of collaboration software such as Slack
We worked closely with Morton Hire to provide exhibitor booths, JAK Creative & Events for the theming and The Collaborative for event production of the Gala Awards dinner.
Keeping all the stakeholder groups at the forefront of mind throughout the planning process, ensured we maximised onsite engagement, plus by introducing new presentation formats such as Ignite, kept the sessions lively, entertaining and informative. This led to the attendee experience surpassing client, delegate and sponsor expectations. It was truly an outstanding event that showcased the innovation within Australia and brought key stakeholders together to ensure the continuation of innovation adoption needed to boost the Australian economy.
Best Case Scenario was recruited to work on this event from April 2015 – that was just over 4 months to pull together the logistics, operations, programme, sponsorship, and speakers – a challenge that certainly stretched us but did not break us.
- Delegate experience surpassed expectations
- Showcased Australian innovation at its best
- High level of satisfaction from exhibitors