CASE STUDY / IoT Impact
A non-profit association accelerating the adoption of IoT across the Australian economy and society.
The two-day conference was held at Hyatt Regency, Sydney. IoT Impact is the only Australian IoT conference driven by the industry. IoT Alliance Australia is the peak industry body representing IoT in Australia. The objective of the conference was to bring together over 450 participating organisations and 750 individual Alliance members together to accelerate the adoption of IoT across the Australian
economy and society.
BCS were engaged 8 months before the Conference. The previous year’s conference had been run by an internal team within a University campus, part of the brief was to bring a more professional feel to the organisation of the event and the delegate experience.
The conference took place over 2 days with 120 speakers, 4 breakout streams and workshops, exhibition space with 50+ exhibitors and an awards reception at the end of the first day.
“The IoT Alliance Australia’s annual IoT Impact conference is the signature IoT event in Australia. With over 100 speakers, 10 workshops and 50 sponsors the task to make this engaging and a pleasure to be at was managed superbly by Luli and her BCS team. The feedback from attendees, speakers and exhibiters alike was outstanding. With so many stakeholders, the team also had to be very flexible to change and adapt, which they did with good spirit and dedication”
CEO of IoT Alliance Australia
The Project Scope
- Venue management – liaising with the Hyatt Regency across the full programme for F&B, room
allocation, AV, direction signage and all health and safety matters concerning the exhibition.
- Manage end-to-end Marketing: Marketing Strategy & Execution – Web Design, Registration
Platform, EDM, Social Media, Partner Marketing Manager, Media Partnership Management,
Sponsor Marketing, Data Management.
- Keeping the conference website up to date with release sessions descriptions, an updated
program and confirmed speakers.
- Program development: Working with key stakeholders to identify topics, decide on event format.
- Design a registration platform with automated emails to delegates
- Onsite registration and live printing of name badges
- Access control and badge scanning into all sessions
- Sponsorship management – selling all exhibition space and other sponsorship for the event and
then managing all sponsorship deliverables and communication
- Exhibitor management –managing all exhibitor deliverables and communication
- Conference speaker management – creating speaker briefing documents and speaker
registrations for 120 speakers. Managing all speaker communications pre and post event.
- Run sheet creation
- Script creation for all moderators
- Project Management timelines & reporting – weekly WIP updates
- Supplier Management
- Budget Management – budget creation, sourcing quotes from suppliers, requesting invoices and
making sure the budget is kept budget up to date and on track
- Delegate management – managing all delegate enquiries pre-evet and onsite
- Design Management – managing all print and design work (programs, signage etc.) and
- Audio Visual Management – managing the execution of all AV and working with associated
- BCS introduced and identified that adding pre-conference workshops to the program would be of benefit to delegates attending the next two days of the conference, they were well received and a great start in assisting delegates on getting the most out of the conference.
- Part of the digital marketing program focused on influencer marketing this resulted in a large increase in social media engagement and followers for IoTAA during the campaign. We leveraged LinekedIN’s Sales Navigator to connect with decision makers in key industry segments such as Water, Engergy, Manufacturing and more.
85% of delegates said would attend IoT Impact 2020.
- 81% of delegates rated overall experience at the conference as very good to excellent.