Stop, Read, Consider | We are hiring
Event Management Support | Contract Role in Sydney
Do not apply for this role if you are fond of hand holding. Please apply for this role if you are looking for an organisation that respects a healthy work life balance and has a supportive, dynamic and fun working environment where team members are encouraged to make their mark and ‘shine through’.
WARNING ROLE SIDE EFFECTS: This role will also offer up a healthy amount of learning and development preventing the onset of boredom.
Best Case Scenario event management (BCS) is a high energy, dynamic workplace where B2B events are marketed and managed by BCS on behalf of their clients from the following industries: Technology, Education, Financial Services, Government and Health.
If it’s variety you are looking for as well as continual personal and professional development then BCS is waiting for you. We encourage our team members to make a mark in the events industry and many of the team publish their experiences on the BCS blog section, as well as share experiences via social media. Below is just a sampling of BCS team generated content.
Australian event professionals reveal 6 meeting and event trends for 2019
Event social media marketing, is it enough of a drawcard?
Delegate journey mapping, why do delegates have varying experiences at event?
Client Video: Intel Extreme Masters |
we encourage staff to be proactive & share their successes
Where are we?
We are based in the heart of one of Sydney’s most vibrant suburbs, Surry Hills.
Who would suit this role?
We would love to hear from you if you grasp information quickly and manage a project almost immediately. This job would suit an individual who has a minimum of three years event experience and looking to progress their career in B2B events.
- Dynamic and adaptable? then most certainly apply, as BCS manage multiple events on behalf of our clients, each event is different so if you are always looking for new challenges and opportunities then look no further.
- A bit of a dynamo at administration. The position requires an individual who has extremely strong administration skills that include – managing budget spreadsheets, using excel or word for project management purposes.
- Showcase great interpersonal skills, as you will be working with clients up to executive level. Nurturing client relationships and managing client expectations is an important part of the skill set required. You will also need to effectively support and muck in with BCS team members.
- Troubleshooting on your feet is a piece of cake for you
The position requires you to think on your feet, multi-task and use your initiative when needed.
- A snap shot of your tasks
- Marketing support (not a necessity but some knowledge an advantage)
- Pre-event planning & deliverable execution with clients & vendors
- Maintaining operations budgets (high proficiency of excel)
- Data Management (excel and capability of grasping new software if required)
- Venue search and negotiation (managing information and presenting it clearly – project management)
- Food and beverage management
- Audio visual coordination
- Speaker management (document and track all speaker requirements – project management)
- Sponsor management (document and track all speaker requirements – project management)
- Vast administration support
Skills & Experience
- Proficient MS office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to multi-task and excellent time management skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to organise workload efficiently
- Calm exterior under pressure
- Project management skills
- Organisation of travel arrangements
- Strong organizational skills
- Deadline oriented
- Ability to travel interstate
To apply: Please send your CV to email@example.com