To design a program that was fully immersive and could rival a physical mission. To source and work with local trade partners and incubators who could attract FinTech’s who are serious about expanding into Australia, FinTech’s looking to expand to the UK and scale-ups from Western Australia looking to expand to the UK.
It was important to craft a programme that was balanced enough to provide scale-ups with the information they needed to set up in Australia and the UK, to keep participants engaged and be highly interactive with open channels of communication.
They needed us to:
- A fully immersive program scheduled over ten days to accommodate multiple time-zones. Including:
- Keynote presentations from Industry experts and Government Ministers
- Workshops such as ‘setting up a business in Australia’
- Pitch day for scale-ups to pitch to potential local investors
- Breakout sessions
- Networking sessions
- 1-on-1 meetings
- Content creation
- Managing the virtual platform and sessions
- Technical support
- Speaker sourcing and management
- A dynamic MC
- Sourcing key speakers and innovators from the FinTech
- Script preparation
- Keynote performance coaching
- Rehearsal management
- Secure Government support and buy-in
The Virtual Trade Mission was a huge success. A large part was the ability to secure Government support from Senator Jane Hume, the Federal Coalition’s Assistant Minister for Superannuation, Financial Services and Financial Technology, who launched the Australian virtual FinTech Market Mission. The Australian launch event had over 150 registered participants from nine countries.
For the mission, the program attracted:
- 18 FinTech’s looking to expand into Australia
- 18 FinTech’s looking to expand to the UK and
- 10 scale-ups from Western Australia looking to expand to the U.K
The programme development was instrumental in bringing together key representatives from KPMG, FinTech Australia, Victorian Government, NSW Government, Trade & Investment Queensland as well as start-up communities such as Stone & Chalk & York Butter Factory, Innovation Hub, Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC), Austrade, Ecosystm and many more. Following the event, these trade mission champions aim to keep the wheels of innovation and growth in motion during these challenging times.
- Stone & Chalk
- FinTech Australia
- FinTech NZ
- Tech Nation
- NSW Government Treasury
- Global Victoria
- Australian British Chamber of Commerce
- YBF Ventures
Participating FinTech scale-ups:
- First AML
- Insured HQ
- Intellect Design Arena
- Thought Machine
Best Case Scenario were delighted to coordinate the virtual trade mission for 18 rising FinTech Scale-Ups, from UK, NZ, Sweden and India. The two-week virtual event featured more than 50 speakers including Senator Jane Hume, Assistant Minister for Superannuation, Financial Services and Financial Technology.
We connected key stakeholders made up of forward-thinking business leaders and in-market experts to impart tangible advice to setting up in Australia and the resources available to assist growth.