Initially Leading Edge Group approached Best Case Scenario to assist them with their Go to Market research phase to launch into the Australian market as LEI Group, their Australian arm for their lean education and training initiatives.
They approached Best Case Scenario because of their knowledge and insights into Australian local government, healthcare and relevant associations and universities, who represented their key target audiences
Best Case Scenario conducted a detailed research phase, and once completed, formed the basis for a decision to ‘go or no go’ for business expansion. As a result of the findings the Leading Edge Group then commissioned Best Case Scenario to create a sales and marketing plan to effectively launch LEI Group to both Local Government and Healthcare industry sectors.
Go to Market Strategy Framework for Growth
It was important for Leading Edge Group validate early market assumption and understand if there was a market product fit and what partnerships to forge for a successful launch. In addition, a need there was a to understand if a state-by-state expansion was the most effective approach to enable growth.
The research conducted helped feed into a framework for growth as well as make an informed ‘go or no go’ decision for expansion into the Australian Market.
- Research target audiences and shape target personas via primary and secondary research
- Understand if the Australian market is big enough and assess the market-product fit
- Undertake a detailed competitor analysis including pricing analysis, target audience and marketing effectiveness to feed into refining LEI Group’s USP
- Educational delivery formats – explore the demand for online v’s face to face training v’s hybrid formats
- Validation – Test key assumptions such as outsourcing business development efforts on the ground and explore opportunities of hiring people first on the ground and recruiting great talent
- Business matchmaking – research and prioritise which associations and universities would be best to partnership with for a successful market launch.
- Education accreditation – understand the accreditation landscape for both Local Government and Healthcare educational programs and their importance for a successful launch
- Present the learnings and make recommendations from the research conducted to the Leading Edge Group’s board members
Sales and Marketing Plan for a Successful Lauch
Develop a comprehensive sales and marketing plan to launch LEI Group lean training to Local Government and Healthcare sectors to include:
- SWOT analysis
- Market sizing
- Sales targets
- Persona development
- Value and messaging for each persona
- Education certification selection
- Grant research to assist launch
- Key competitors research – revisit top 3
- Identify market challenges and how to service them
- Develop effective marketing mix
- Content marketing schedule
- Message testing via an online panel discussion marketed to key target personas within local government
- Financial forecasts
- Sales strategy
- As a result of the initial Go to Market research conducted by Best Case Scenario, Leading Edge Group commissioned Best Case Scenario to develop a sales and marketing plan to launch their Lean training solution to Local Government and Healthcare Providers.
- Primary & Secondary Target Audience research – Best Case Scenario researched 10 competitors all with varying degrees of educational methodologies and formats. This helped determine which educational format was most effective and understand opportunities.
- Target audience pain points were also researched in depth via primary and secondary research enabling LEI Group to valid and shape a market-product fit. As a result of these finding, Best Case Scenario were commissioned to create an educational panel discussion between Australian Local Government representatives and industry experts to discuss pain points such as operational efficiencies. This involved selecting the most effective topic based on research, selecting and inviting panel experts and securing an attentive audience made up of local Government representatives.
- The panel discussion assisted with generating awareness for LEI Group among local government and resulted in a number of potential opportunities within local government. View panel discussion here.